NAMCOR is the custodian of all the Namibian Exploration and Production data; therefore it is NAMCOR’s responsibility to provide this data to potential investors. In addition, NAMCOR has set up a core and drill cuttings storage facility in which the rock samples retrieved during petroleum exploration in this country from 1960 to date are stored for use by those carrying out exploration. This data includes all seismic data, well data, engineering well reports, other oil exploration reports and aeromagnetic as well as gravity data which has been acquired in this country to date through petroleum exploration activities both offshore and onshore. The categories of the technical data are summarised as below.
- A complete data listing and map of available seismic lines based on respective seismic survey in areas of interests can be made available to potential clients.
- Processed seismic data is available as digital SEGY files for the majority of offshore and onshore surveys.
- Survey field data are stored on digital tapes.
- Navigation data in digital format of respective surveys can be made available to potential clients.
- Raw migrated seismic data is available for reprocessing if necessary
- Seismic survey acquisition and processing reports are available
- Respective seismic surveys kingdom projects are available for viewing ONLY.
- Latest speculative and brokered NAMCOR seismic data can be purchased through respective multi-clients i.e. TGS, Spectrum Geo, WesternGeco, PGS
Offshore aeromagnetic data acquired in 1998 can be provided on request to potential clients.
- A category listing of geological samples from offshore and onshore wells are available for viewing, studying and analysis at our head office in Windhoek:
- Well Cuttings
- Sidewall Cores
- Geophysical (Wireline) Logs
- Each well is comprises: End of Well Reports (PDF format), Digital (LAS format), scanned logs (JPEG format), and Check-shots. This data is available as part of the well suites or sold separately.
All information associated with the above mentioned data types are summarised in technical reports:
- Final Well Reports,
- Geochemistry Reports,
- Biostratigraphy Reports,
- Petrophysical Reports,
Regional offshore and onshore technical reports are available on exploration activities conducted in respective basins offshore Namibia.