Sasol Engine Oil Monograde oils are zinc-fortified, heavy-duty internal combustion engine oils having:
- Excellent oxidation stability
- High and low temperature dispersancy and detergency
- Anti-sludging properties
Sasol Engine Oil Monograde 30 & 40 are intended for all naturally aspirated petrol and turbocharged diesel engines operating under the API service conditions below.
Sasol Engine Oil Monograde 50 is intended for the same service conditions, but the oil's higher than normal viscosity should assist in controlling oil consumption in worn engines. It is also eminently suitable for use in the final drives of earthmoving equipment and in synchromesh transmissions for which oils of this type and viscosity are recommended.
Features and Benefits
The engine oil monograde oil range can also be used for cylinder lubrication of large piston-type compressors having separate cylinder lubrication systems, provided that very humid conditions are not encountered and the equipment manufacturer approves.
|API SF & CFMercedes-Benz 227.0|
|SANS 400A & 1361|
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||240||240||260||D92||365|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||888||893||900||D4052||365|
|Sulphated Ash||% m/m||1,3||1,3||1,3||D874||163|
|Total Base Number||mg KOH/g||10||10||10||D2896||276|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures exceeding 80°C.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents. Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Grades||Product Code||Pack Size||Grades|